Background

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Vintage

This Card is a different style to what im used to making but did love doing this one but wasnt so sure about it to start with because it being out of my comfort zone as the background ive created from scratch from a plain cream card stock.
I started by stamping the Simple Fabulous greeting in black archival ink then then went over the card with a few different colours of tim holtz distress inks and blended them which has given me the finished background.
Then I stamped the image with purple stazon ink and cut it out this was followed by cuting and embossing the spellbinder die shapes, swirls and mask and mounting onto the base card.
Im so glad that I carried on going with this card because I nearly didn't because was thinking initially it wasn't looking good but I think it looks great now and am sooo pleased with the finished result so I will be attempting to do this technique on future card with different elements.

7 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is gorgeous. I love the design and the colours, no wonder you are so pleased with it!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card. Love the background that you design and i love the colours you used, Love the use of the dies too. Stunning card xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Carrie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be shown after has been verified thank you.